March 16, 2014

Song of the day : "Wanna Know You" by Direct ft. Holly Drummond.


Today I would like to recommend you an excellent song, "Wanna Know You" by Direct ft. Holly Drummond. These two made one of the best songs of this month and formed just a perfect duet.
I'm sure that you will like it, because this song id just epic, you will see that I am right.



     Holly Drummond  is a young singer and songwriter from Edinburgh [Scotland], who is singing her own songs and also covers of other musicians. She released two albums and four EPs. (f.e. "New Beginnings"[2012], "Cloud Nine EP" [2012] and "In the Dark EP" [2013]). Her music is a mix of pop, indie and acoustic.

Now we can hear Holly in this song, "Wanna Know You".


You can read more about Holly and also her misuc on her pages: official page, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify.

Also you can find more about Holly and her music in my previous post here








     Direct is an alias of Joseph Lyncheski, an electronic musician with a diverse style inspired by many sources.His music is a mix of dubstep, electro and drum n' bass.

You can find more info about him and his music here: official page, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Beatport, iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud, MerchNow.










 *



*



Lyrics of the song


There's something about you, 
I wanna know, I wanna know.
There's so many questions 
I wanna know, I wanna know.

Smiling at strangers in the dark, 
I wanna know you, yeah, I wanna know you.
Tell me the secrets in your heart. 
I wanna know you, yeah, I wanna know you.

I'm feeling nervous. Do you feel the same? Do you feel the same?
Your smile makes me curious about you, about you.

Smiling at strangers in the dark, 
I wanna know you, yeah, I wanna know you.
Tell me the secrets in your heart. 
I wanna know you, yeah, I wanna know you.

I wanna know you, yeah, I wanna know you.
I wanna know you, yeah, I wanna know you.





      "Wanna Know You" was released on March 7 2014, on Direct's "Wanna Know You EP". On this EP you can also find two other songs: Scars [ft. Devin Santi] and False Dawn.

You can listen to and buy this EP here: SoundCloud, Beatport, Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify.


↑ cover of "Wanna Know You EP"


     As for me this song is a piece of really great job and music of course. It's just perfect. Dubstep music, great rhythms and that voice, wonderful voice, and of course simple, but really amazing lyrics. Maybe that's the reason why stop listening to this song.... For sure -YES!  
I can say two things now: "wooow" and "I love it". And as I I wrote earlier - this song is just EPIC.

     I think it's a good sign for them - Direct and Holly, because this song just hypnotizing. I think that "Wanna Know You" should be the hit on the whole world. I'm sure of it. As for me this song is already a hit of this spring, spring 2014,  but for sure it's one of the best songs of this month. That's pretty amazing.

          I'm having high hopes that maybe this is not the last made by these two, and that maybe sooner or later they will make something new, something what will be the same good or even better than this one "Wanna Know You". Can't wait.

Good job Direct, good job Holly.


***

music is my passion & inspiration
only music saves

No comments:

Post a Comment