November 5, 2013

Music of the day : Holly Drummond


Today I would like to recommend you music by talented and amazing, young singer Holly Drummond. I'm sure you will like, or even love, her music.
Trust me, you should remember this name very well because I'm sure she will be very famous and such a great singer very, very soon.




Holly Drummond is a young singer and songwriter from Edinburgh [Scotland], who is singing her own songs and also covers of other musicians. She released two albums and four EPs. (f.e. "New Beginnings"[2012], "Cloud Nine EP" [2012] and "In the Dark EP" [2013]). Her music is a mix of pop, indie and acoustic and I think that this is really awesome. In my opinion of course.

In her inspiration we can find, f.e.: Ben Howard, Passenger, Paramore, Dido, Regina Spektor, The Pretty Reckless, KT Tunstall, A Fine Frenzy, William Fitzsimmons, Imogen Heap - so if you like one of them, you can be sure you will like Holly Drummond.

 



As for me Holly has a dreamlike voice, wonderful lyrics, great music - so she has everything, that whole mix of the best at the music. And maybe that's why you just can't stop listening to her music, her songs her voice. The same is with all these cover of other musicians - they're just awesome.





You can read more about Holly and also her misuc on her pages: official page, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify.

















Also on her official page you can read a few great reviews from newspapers:




“Holly Drummond shows a maturity well beyond her years.”
- Gordon Johnson, Glasswerk


“Beautifully constructed soundscapes setting the scene for her well woven lyrics.”
- Suzanne Neilson, She's So Dope


“Beautiful songs which grow out of the darkness until they shine bright as any stars.”
- Edinburgh Spotlight


“The Edinburgh native has an unexpectedly mature voice that is smooth on the ears, and a beautiful songwriting approach. Musically, the arrangement and instrumentation are spot on and only made more impressive after finding out that she recorded, played, sung and wrote every song on the EP. Her voice compliments the acoustic guitar, piano and cello tracks perfectly and whether you like acoustic music or not, it is evident on first listen that this girl is talented. She takes inspiration from Regina Spektor, and this is clear in her singing style... but to me she sounds like a female Damien Rice.”
- Music Review Unsigned
 

“A bona fide internet success... Holly’s songs are melancholic and maturely-observed vignettes of life: tales of broken hearts and broken promises, yet shot through with an inner strength expressed through her accomplished songwriting.”
- Edinburgh Spotlight



You can download her last EP, "In the Dark" from f.e. iTunes and bandcamp.






↑ cover of "In the Dark EP"

*

 a few words from Holly about her "In the Dark EP"


*

Trust me, it was really hard to choose the best songs from long list on her YouTube page, because every song has something wonderful - music, lyrics, voice. The same is with covers. So I did the best and I chose 12 songs by Holly (with two official music videos) and 3 covers, but you can fine more better covers on her YouTube page.

 Cold Outside


*
 These Four Walls


*
 These Four Walls (Elliot Berger Remix)


*
 Girl That You Don't Know


*
 Out Of My Mind


*
 Free


*
 Royalty


*
 Giving Up This Fight


*
 Happiness


*
 Smiling At Strangers


*
 Everything We Knew


*
 Dreaming


*
 Burn [Ellie Goulding cover]


*
 Young and Beautiful [Lana Del Rey cover]


*
 Somebody That I Used To Know [Gotye ft. Kimbra cover]


*





What can I say more about Holly Drummond? That I'm waiting for more songs by her, not only covers but also her own? Yes! That I'm waiting for her next EPs and/or albums? Yes! That I'm waiting for more shows by her? Yes! That I hope she will be more well-known singer soon? Yes!

And that's why I wish her all the best and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her and foe her musical career. And of course I'm waiting for more news from Holly to share with you.


 ***

music is my passion & inspiration
only music saves 

No comments:

Post a Comment