August 25, 2014

Artist of the day : Jimmy Steeltown.

   

    Ladies and Gents, today I would like to recommend you the music of Jimmy Steeltown, a great band with even better music. I'm sure you'll like them because they're really super great.


 Jimmy Steeltown are blues rock, soul, funk, folk band from Oberhausen [Germany] formed in  by Elmore Jay Score [vocals], Lightning Boy Soprano [guitar], Michael B. Johnson [bass] and Doubletrouble Junior [drums]. Amongst their inspiration we can find, f.e.: Sean Costello, Tab Benoit and Susan Tedeschi. The band sounds a bit like f.e.: Storyville, John Mayer, Tedeschi Trucks Band, Aynsley Lister and Vintage Trouble.
Their debut album "Cut, Cry, Smile" was released on March 2014.
  More info about the band you can find on their official page, Soundcloud,YouTube, Twitter, MySpace, iTunes.

     Why I chose Jimmy Steeltown as the artist of the day? Because of their music. It's simple just a good piece of blues rock, soul, funk, folk and even pop. Yes, their songs have everything what you need if you want to listen to a great and real music.
     For sure, guys from Jimmy Steeltown are talented and "fresh" and that's the reason why every song by them is so good and you want to listen to it all the time. The album "Cut, Cry, Smile" is a good example of everything what I wrote about them.
     On their album, "Cut, Cry, Smile", we can find 12 great tracks with super music and excellent lyrics. 12 tracks which give you something more than only the music, but also an amazing climate of every song and just perfect vocal.

↑ the cover of album "Cut, Cry, Smile"


     The best fact is that they're the same great on live performances as on the album. You can check it f.e. on YouTube, but of course it would be better if you could check it at any their show.
  Yes, everything what they do is just perfect and that's really awesome.

     I'm sure that if you like real music [blues rock or mix of rock, soul and/or folk and pop] - this band and their music will be perfect for you.

     As for me, their music is something good, something what you can listen all day long because it gives you joy. Now, I'm waiting for more music by Jimmy Steeltowns, because as for me they're just excellent. Also I wish all the best to them and of course I'm keeping my fingers crossed for their future, because they are very talented and I know that they will surprise us yet.

     I think you should check it to judge, is it for you or not, but I'm sure that if you love, or only like, any of these kinds of music, you will like Jimmy Steeltown - there is no other way.


And remember, if you like any of these songs [or maybe even all of them], show them some love and share their music with your friends and/or with other people. Tell the World about this great music and about Jimmy Steeltown.


Of course I chose only a few songs - the rest great music you can find on their pages. Also I made a special  playlist with their music on my YouTube channel and you can find it here.

*





*
 Find another you [John Mayer cover]


*
 When the lights are turned down [live]


*
 The Loss [live]


*
 Love may be fading [live]


*
 Scars [live, Philip Sayce cover]


*
 Cherry Red [live, Luther Allison cover]


*
 Nighttrain [live, Tab Benoit cover]


*
 The Lie [live]


*
 Speed Of Life [live]



***

music is my passion & inspiration
only music saves 


No comments:

Post a Comment