November 16, 2012

'The seed and the sewage' by Rhyme






hello, hello!
today I have a surprise for you and not only for their fans - a small interview with Gabriele Gozzi and Riccardo Canato, from the great Italian rock band Rhyme.
you could read about them in earlier posts, about them and their album 'fi(R)st' but today...will be better - believe me.
I sent them a few questions about their new album The seed and the sewage (premiere: December 2012), their plans for the future and about band and a few days later I got reply from them - woow!

let's see what they said...


how would you describe your new album The seed and the sewage?

Gab: rough, real, deeply straight to the point
Rik: tough, unbreakable, madly in anger, sociopolitical and pure.

how do you think, is your new album is better or the same as your album fi(R)st?

Gab: I think it doesn't have to be a matter of "being worse or better". It's different. It is an evolution of our sound for sure. I personally feel more involved, because I was there from the beginning of the process this time. My anger is in there, thus my hope. We almost couldn't control our creative process and the result surprised us first!
Rik: I think it's better, I'm honest. This is an album band, even if me and Teo wrote most of the album, all the arrangements, the sound, the philosophy behind the TSATS, come from a band. We're friends, now, we're partners in music. You feel the smell of rehearsals, tours, life on the road. It's even better for another reason: no fuckin' traces of old hard rock.

do you have favourite song on this album?

Gab: I think Victim Of Downturn is the most complete song we've ever written. It's what Rhyme can accomplish, putting their "everything" on the line.
Rik: Victim of Downturn, with no doubt. Lyrics, music and performance. In my opinion, the essence of TSATS.

how long did you work above this project?

Gab: It took almost a year, we had more time,we did lots of pre productions, eventhough we learned that, as musicians who embrace the "do it yourself" philosophy, there's always a sense of urgence in the air.

from where you took idea/inspiration for new songs and album?

Rik: Most of the lyrics of TSATS are facing the economic crisis started in USA in 2008. We're dealing with politicians, lawyers, media and at the same time with the opposite side, poor people, suicides, forbidden families, disoccupation, desperation. FI(R)ST was something personal, musically and lyrically. This one gives a portrait of nowadays world, fear and anger definitely took their tool on us a little bit.

is there something on this album, what will surprise your fans? maybe something special?

Gab: I think that the album itself could be a surprise, expecially if you know us from the beginning.
The best of us is musically and lyrically in this album. I don't expect it to be an easily understood. If you're a new listener, I hope you'll take the time to scratch the surface a bit, and dive into our music.

did you have some crazy moments/stories during the work on the album?

Gab: The drums session were kinda crazy: only four days to set and record everything. Teo went sick and spent almost the entire day 2 in and out of the hospital;on day 3, we managed to play a show after a 14 hr studio session!! crazy!! I managed to almost break a finger while moving a dishwasher! Whaddahell haha!

what with promotion of this album? do you have some tour in your plans?

Gab: Our new label, Bakerteam\Scarlet Records is doing a good job. The album will be distributed almost worldwide.
As for our tour plans, we are working on multiple options: Russia, USA, Northern Europe, Italy, and of course....we want to come back to your wonderful Poland. We'll see what are able to collect. 2013 should be an interesting year!

how it happened, that you met and you formed such a brilliant band?

Rik: well, thanks. You know, you have to work your ass off to get what you want. I started my music life at 15, with other bands, other musicians...but what I really wanted was Rhyme. I met Teo in 2002 and we played together, then the band splited, but we kept in touch. When the time was right I made the call. I knew he was the right one and the same happened with Gab. It was February 2010, we were exited for our first anniversary as Rhyme when, 3 days before this big show, the previous singer left the band with a sms on my phone. We get depressed, really, but I told Teo: "we're gonna have this guys, Gab, with us...sooner than you think. I promise." 10 days later Gab joined the band. He was busy, but he fucked up all his projects for us. I ain't gonna forget this for a long time. About Vinny, you know...he was the missing part. I made another call and we spent like two hours talking about "how beautiful that album is...I love that drummer style so much...", kinda like I was talking to myself. He's a great drummer and a great guy. We're lucky to stay together, the four of us.

so if we are talking not about your new album, but about you, tell me, with whom would you like to cooperate in the future?

Gab: Chris Cornell, Dave Gahan, Trent Reznor and Lynyrd Skynyrd
Rik: Jerry Cantrell, Mike Ness, Seasick Steve...

do you want to say something to your fans, who aren't convinced, is it worthwhile to listen to The seed and the sewage?

Gab: We can't promise anything except honest rock music, and thankful live shows. See you all on stage.




interesting, isn't it?

on website of Bakerteam Records (http://www.bakerteamrecords.com) I found a few news about Rhyme and their The seed and the sewage (http://www.bakerteamrecords.com/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&sobi2Id=18&Itemid=0). here's the tracklist of it:


    Manimal
    The Hangman
    Blind Dog
    Slayer To The System
    Fairytopia
    Party Right
    Brand New Jesus
    World Underground
    Nevermore
    Victim Of Downturn

    Wrong (Depeche Mode cover)



special guests: Paolo Colavolpe (Destrage), Davide Moras (Elvenking/Hell In The Club), Marco Pastorino (Secret Sphere, Bejelit), Marco Sivo (Planethard), Alessandro Regis (FuzzFuzzMachine), Matt Massa (Mellowtoy/Arms Like Anchors), Davide Sorrisi (Roam Inside).


cover of The seed and the sewage


to be honest, I can't wait to buy this album, to listen to it and enjoy their work, because I know it'll be worth it. why? because I listened fi(R)st and I don't regret it because it's a really great album and I know they're creating only awesome songs, not commercial shit. and of course I hope I'll see them on live soon -  for sure.


*




I want to thank Gabriele and Riccardo from Rhyme for their courtesies, so quickly reply on my questions and for their help with this post - what was really nice. and I want to wish them all the best - more successes, great albums and more cool fans, who will love their music.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for them -  Matteo, Riccardo, Vinny and Gabriele -, their future and successes, especially for their new album The seed and the sewage.






studio diary by Rhyme

part 1


part 2











more info:




previous posts about Rhyme:







music is my passion & inspiration
only music saves

No comments:

Post a Comment