November 20, 2012

Jacopo Massa : Inno 2012 [FC ProVercelli]







today, once again this week, I have a surprise for you - an interview with Jacopo Masssa, Italian musician, about who you could read several times on my blog.
this time, I asked him about his the last project, very special project, to be honest. maybe you didn't know it, but he recorded new anthem for football club, FC ProVercelli, and this is the reason of this post, because I think this is interesting.

so a few days ago I sent him a few questions about that project, and yesterday I got reply from him, so enjoy his words and music of course too.

mmm, I think, I should do something before that - tell you something more about FC ProVercelli, because you can't know this club.

Pro Vercelli, [Football Club Pro Vercelli 1892] is an Italian association football club based in Vercelli, Piedmont and is the oldest sport club of Italy and it made history of Italian football. The team currently plays in Serie B. The club has won 7 Italian Football Championship and the all-time best striker, Silvio Piola. After 64 years FC Pro Vercelli 1892 is going to play again among the big teams of Serie B and celebrating the 120th Anniversary between history and legend.


ok, so now, let's see, what he said...


why you wrote the new song, Inno 2012, for this football club?
Jacopo Massa: Because I wanted to hear at the stadium of my hometown's glorious football club a new powerful hymn written and composed by me. You know, it's such an honour and a pleasure when you finally make it. And then you appear on Wikipedia ahahah.

how long did you work above this project?
JM: The idea came up during the last year and the project is still going on with a 7 tracks EP that is going to be shown at the city theatre with the support of a ballet. The album will be released in an exclusive limited edition package and also on iTunes.

who was first with this idea - you or maybe the club?
JM: I decided everything since the first moment and the club was just glad and trusted in me.

from where you took idea/inspiration for this song?
JM: Music and Football are universal languages and they share almost the same vibrations to the fans and the supporters. I mean that a match of your team or a concert of your band are something more similar than you think. This is the first reason that inspired me a lot. I wanted to unite both of those things in order do something unique in a pop song easy to be played in any event and sung by anyone. Indeed a special feature of the track are the voices recorded at the stadium.

are you a fan of this team? only be honest.
JM: Sure! I am fan because I love my city and I often wear white clothes as well for this reason.

who is the most proud of the result of your work - you, your family, fans of Pro Vercelli? or maybe somebody else?
JM: Of course me and my family are really delighted but the best satisfaction was when people of every age appreciated it immediately. That was my target. It's been an unusual experience, I could say alternative and traditional at the same time and therefore it was so riskfull. Eventually I performed before the match and the team won in a hard moment.

and what now? do you have some plans for the nearest future? when will it be possible to listen to your new songs? 
JM: Well, just have a little patience and stay tuned on my social networks for all my next unexpected projects!



lyrics of anthem Inno 2012




I got even two lines of the text translated by him and it's something like that: Once upon a time, there was a city with the white jersey in Serie A...Come on Pro! Forever, to win, with you.



Inno 2012




what do you think about it?


***


 

















 
















 



































***


more info:

* Jacopo JM Massa 

* FC ProVercelli



music is my passion & inspiration
only music saves

No comments:

Post a Comment