October 9, 2013

Song of the day : "Do Or Die" by Thirty Seconds to Mars



Today I chose "Do Or Die" by Thirty Seconds to Mars (or 30 Seconds to Mars, as who likes) as the song of the day and I hope you will enjoy this music and lyrics.

"Do Or Die"is a rock song from their fourth studio album Love, Lust, Faith and Dreams [May 2013], written by Jared Leto.

Why I chose this song? Because I love them. Because I like lyrics and music. Because music video is epic. And because this song is something more than only a sounds with words. Because this song it's like a story.

I should write here that's how the story goes because every song has own story and means something for everyone, no matter is it slow, sad or happy or even when it's weird. And I think (now I'm sure of it) the same is with this song.

From the other side, I think that "I will never forget the momen", "that's how the story goes", "time to do or die" or just "do or die" will be remembered forever as just another quotes from their songs like f.e. "one day maybe we'll meet again" or "I will never forget, I will never regret, I will live my life" from "Closer to the Edge" or "I've got to remember this is just a game" from "A Beautiful Lie" or just "Yes, this is a cult". And I think this song, like "Closer to the Edge", means a lot for their fans - Echelon.Why? Because it's about us and for us, about Echelon and the band.

Music video to this song refers to their song and music video "Closer to the Edge" [2010] from their previous album This Is War [2009].

I'm sitting in the dark writing this having just finished this little film and although I don't feel quite done yet it's time to let it go.
This is a story about an incredible adventure that we all shared together this summer. A summer that we will never forget. It's also a reminder (for myself as well) to LIVE LIFE NO MATTER WHAT. But ultimately it's a love letter to you all. The believers.
Even before I started shooting I thought of it as a companion piece to Closer To The Edge, a sequel of sorts, the next chapter. I knew it had to be special as Closer is held in such high regard by you all. So we worked hard. And then worked even harder. Sharing this journey with you all has been the gift of a lifetime and I hope you can see and feel that in this piece...our gratitude. It was difficult to surrender this one. I wanted to keep filming, continue the interviews, discover more, learn more and stay on the journey. But it was time and here it is. I hope it speaks to all of you and lets you know how much you mean to us.
Provehito In Altum
-J

These words by Jared Leto, you can find on YouTube under the music video of "Do Or Die".


Ok, I know that I can write here a million words and it would be nothing or too less to say about this song, so it would be better if you will listen to this song alone and then think about it and say your own opinions, what do you think about this song.

And one more thing - 30 Seconds to Mars? Yes, this is a cult. Not only for me. △


*



*

In the middle of the night
When the angels scream;
I don't wanna live a lie that I believe;
Time to do or die.

I will never forget
The moment, the moment.
I will never forget
The moment...
And the story goes oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-woh!
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-woh!
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-woh-oh!
That's how the story goes.

That's how the story goes.

You and I'll never die.
It's a dark embrace.
In the beginning was the light of a dawning age.
Time to be alive.

I will never forget
The moment, the moment.
I will never forget this night we sing, we sing:
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-woh!
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-woh!
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-woh-oh!
That's how the story goes.

Fate is coming - that I know!
Time is running - got to go!
Fate is coming - that I know!
Let it gooo-oh-oh!
Hear me now
Under the banner of heaven
We dream out loud.

Do or die and the story goes
(Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-woh)
(Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh)
(Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-woh-oh)
And the story goes
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-woh!
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh!
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-woh-ohhh!
This is the story.
Fate is coming - that (this is the story) I know
Time is running - got (this is the story) to go
Fate is coming - that (this is the story) I know
Let it gooo-oh-oh!
Hear me now
Under the banner of heaven
We dream out loud,dream out loud
Fate is coming - that (time to do or die) I know.
Time is running - got (time to do or die) to go.
Fate is coming - that (time to do or die) I know.
Let it gooo, oh-oh!


*

















***

 music is my passion & inspiration
only music saves

No comments:

Post a Comment