October 13, 2013

Meeting with Hanna Bakuła.


Gdańsk, October 11 2013 - literary meeting with Hanna Bakuła and, promoting her newest book "Wnuczkożonka, czyli jak utrzymać laskę". 

At first, a few words aobut her. 
Hanna Bakuła is a Polish painter, scenographer journalist and writer. Also she painted, designed scenography and costumes for the avant-garde theatre and these designs were praised by "The New York Times" as the best of the Off Broadway projects.
She wrote many great books and as she said during the meeting, soon we will be able to read something new.

Her the newest book, "Wnuczkożonka, czyli jak utrzymać laskę", is a funny thing about whole these emotions and everything else between men and women. It's something between guide and book with real, crazy and, sometimes, funny stories. In my opinion this books isn't only for women, but also for men. Why? Because then they can see how stupid they look sometimes f.e. when some guy is 60+ and his girlfriend is 20+ or 30+.  Also you can find there a few cool informatin, what kind of person is f.e. Taurus, Scorpio or Aquarius - very interesting and I've to say that every word there is a truth.

I read this book in 4 hours and it's just awesome. I recommend you it. So if you know a Polish language - you must to read it. 

Ok, a few words about meeting. Be honest, it was a long and funny conversation not only about the book and everything what is inside, but also about other things like f.e. what women needs to be happy. Hanna Bakuła said also a lot of interesting stories and real curiosities [fromt the book too] about life, love, sex, men and many more. 
I think it was really great to hear more than it's in the book, especially that it was face to face.

And guess what, Hanna Bakuła signed my book. But this is a funny story, anyway. She asked me about my name to write some inscription inside and I said "Gosia" because this is my name as you know. And what she wrote? "Kasia" ["Kate" in English]. Crazy, isn't it? So at least she drew ram on this word and she said that this is unique situation because I'm the first person ever, and the last, who got her autograph and drawing and that I should feel lucky because of it. Do I feel something like that? Of course YES. 
But is it possible to feel differently? Mmm, I don't think so.


↑ my signed copy of "Wnuczkożonka, czyli jak utrzymać laskę" with "handsome" ram ;)


And now - I can't wait for her next book and of course for the next meeting with her.

A few pics from the meeting...












No comments:

Post a Comment