May 20, 2013

My life : Opole, May 16-18 2013






As you know, or not, I was in Opole [Poland] from May 16 to May 18 and I spent there so good time. Concert, my sister's birthday, cool place and wild time... Yes, it was something really great.

Distance between cities, Gdańsk and Opole isn't so bad - only 487 kilometres, what gives about 6-7 hours of a drive in a car, damn.



What's the best in such situations? Great music, coffee and nice weather. This time we had everything - coffee from time to time (4 huge cups of strong black coffee + box with 3x Monster Energy and 3x Red Bull / per person), great weather was not only during our travel to Opole but also when we were there, and then when we came back. And music... Our playlist was really diversified: from old songs to newest, from rock to pop, from reggae to hip-hop. And everything what was on the radio.


↑ 7AM - after the first coffee... what to choose now 

May 17 - such a great day. My sister was a birthday and I would like to thank you all who sent such a nice words/wishes for her - it was really nice. To these people who didn't do it - shame on you (!), hope you'll do it next year.

Opole is a city in southern Poland on the Oder River (Odra) and is the capital of the Upper Silesia, Opole Voivodeship and, also the seat of Opole County.



↑ Opole - city of music

At first we went to the small but amazing cake shop / ice-cream shop JKM Górka on Krakowska Street 32 in Opole.





Trust me, their birthday cakes are just amazing and coffee...oh yeah, really good :)





↑  my sister's birthday cake - it was really delicious


After a short break in the cake shop, we decided to tour the city. Of course it wasn't so easy to do because we had only a few hours before the show and that's why I was a bid sad but I'm sure I'll come back there soon for a little longer :)








And guess, what surprise I could to do for my sister? I could only buy tickets for the concert of her favourite artist - Andrzej Piaseczny. Yes, I did it.
The show was at the Opole Millennium Amphitheatre. This place is one of known symbols of the city and  is hosting the yearly National Festival of Polish Song.






Ok, returning to the conversation about the concert...




In my opinion it was one of the best their (as the band not only vocalist) show this year! Two hours with music and good vibrations : main performance + two encores - interesting, am I right? :) Anyway, there were new songs and the ones old, also a few surprises f.e.  cover of Michael Jackson's Rock with you.


Yes, not only my sister had a good time during the show... I should be honest and said that the show was really really good and I spent so good time there.





I was so surpirsed that Opole is such a quiet city, even that I've about 50 metres to the main railway station from my hotel, I didn't hear any sounds... And at night - nothing, really. Streets were desolate, even at 1AM haha ;)




↑ traditional hunt of the concert poster ;)

And - as we all well know, everything what good must end - we woke up at 4AM, after 2.5 hours of sleep, and we came back home. Yes, this travel was crazy and just awesome :)


BACKSTAGE












↑ small town Krzywe KolanoCrooked Knee  - isn't it crazy and funny? ;D

***

and a few vids from the show (forgive me, I had to...).



*


*


No comments:

Post a Comment