May 1, 2014

Song of the day : "Fair Maid" by The Shrugs.

 


     Guess what... Today is the day of the premiere of new and very special song, "Fair Maid" by  The Shrugs. Are you excited? I'm pretty sure you will love it.
     So Ladies and Gents, make some noise for one and only The Shrugs!


 The Shrugs is an acoustic duo from Dundee [Scotland] formed by Jamie Harris and Ollie Wale. Their music is a mix of acoustic, rock, pop rock, and sometimes even rap. Their debut EP "Crossroads" [February 2013] with six great songs you can find here.

More info about them you can find on their official FB page, Twitter, YouTube, Bandcamp .

Also you can find more about them and about their music in my previous posts here


      "Fair Maid" - written by Ollie Wale and released on May 1 2014. Personnel: Ollie Wale [lead vocals], Jamie Harris [backing vocals, guitar and bass], Hazel Martin [violin].

     On their offical page we can find a long post where we can find more informations about this song, "Fair Maid", and why it's so unique, so special :


Yes, everyone! It's finally here: Our brand new song, 'Fair Maid', to celebrate St Johnstone FC reaching their first ever Scottish Cup Final. Even if you don't like football, please give it a listen and share if you like it! We've been bowled over by the amount of positive comments we've already received.

We were planning to release it on YouTube officially at about 4pm, but far too many people had already heard/bought it before we'd even launched the song there. Definitely not used to this!

Lyrics and information on how/where to download the track can be found in the YouTube link below. It is available on iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay and Bandcamp. 50% of all profits will go to Saints' Youth Development fund. If you wish to donate more than £1, Bandcamp is the place to go - http://theshrugsdundee.bandcamp.com/

Hope you enjoy it! Here it is. Our brand new song, 'Fair Maid'.

Thanks to DM Studios and the lovely Hazel Martin on violin.
                                                                                 The Shrugs       [X , post from May 1st 2014]



    Also you can read the whole great article about it on page stv.tv,  here.


 Isn't it so cool? Yes, it is.
 

     Anyway, a few words from me about the song.
   I don't know how [and what] they are doing that music made by them is just remarkable, and that I can't say any bad word about it. Again we have a great duo of music and lyrics, what makes that you just want to listen to this song non-stop. To be honest, I'm a good example of it because before I started writing this post, I listened to "Fair Maid" about 10 times and I still don't have enough, and I'm sure that I will listen to it today and during the next days, weeks maybe even months [the same is with their previous songs]. 
     Returning to the conversation about "Fair Maid" - as for me this song has everything to call it perfection. 4 minutes 10 seconds full of great energy, amazing music, pure music, talent and of course don't forget about super lyrics and two voices singing these words.
     What can I say more to show you that this song is so good as I'm writing? I think that you must to listen to it and then you will know everything. I'm sure you will fall in love with "Fair Maid" from the first seconds, from the first sounds, words.

 Ready to check it?


lyrics of "Fair Maid"

 It's just another normal day,
Another girlfriend gone astray.
She wanted more, she slammed the door
And threw my Saints scarf on the floor.
And she said, ''Will you, oh, will you please
Sort out your priorities?''
I agreed.. so I bought a season ticket.

I'm afraid that's just the story of my life. I guess I'm addicted.
I'll follow the Saints through the glory and the strife. Our love is unrestricted.

I'll sing it loud and true, this is my song for you,
The only girl I serenade.
For you'll be my friend until the bitter end,
Perth St. Johnstone, my fair maid.

She plays a game of hide and seek,
I only see her once a week.
Her pretty face, her natural grace,
Puts others firmly in their place.

I am obsessed. I will follow you,
From Muirton to Timbuktu.
At McDiarmid, I'll back the boys in blue.

I hear she was born in 1884. Her life is never-ending.
She had beauty and now she possesses even more,
Without overspending.

I'll sing it loud and true, this is my song for you,
The only girl I serenade.
For you'll be my friend until the bitter end,
Perth St. Johnstone, my fair maid.

Now we stand on the precipice
Of success. We're not used to this.
We will suffer with you until we die.
Will we go down in history?
For now, it's a mystery
But we'll always keep that blue flag flying high.

Through the rise and fall, we'll all stay standing tall,
And our hope will never fade.
I dream we'll go up to lift the Scottish Cup,
Perth St. Johnstone, my fair maid.

My fair maid.


*



*


If you like this song, show Jamie and Ollie some love and share this song with your friends and/or with other people. Tell the World about this awesome song, "Fair Maid", and of course about The Shrugs. 


Also you can buy this song on iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay, Bandcamp.


***

music is my passion & inspiration
only music saves 

1 comment:

  1. one awesome song for one awesome team by a very good band. come on you saints and you shrugs.

    ReplyDelete