February 22, 2013

Artist of the day : Darren Campbell




quick question - do you know Darren Campbell? 
I don't think so because he's not too famous yet (and that's badly but I really hope it'll change soon, very soon) and I'm sure that most of you would say: 'no, I didn't hear about him'. that's why today I would like to present to you young, talented Scottish musician and songwriter as an artist of the day - Ladies and Gents, make some noise for Darren Campbell.




as for me Darren is one of these people who can give something - you know, something special with their music and words. I listened to all his songs and I was (and I still am) between 'wooow' and 'holy crap, that's so great!'. his songs have something what causes that you're impressed because of everything - lyrics and music - and you just must listen to them, from beginning to end.

I know, my opinion isn't everything, and that's why I wrote to Darren with a few questions about him, his music and his plans for the future...and two days later I got reply from Darren - woow!

ok, let's see what he said...

could you say a few words about yourself?
Darren: I'm Darren and I am a part time singer songwriter from Scotland, looking to make it fulltime.

why did you become a musician?
D: Simply because I love palying and sharing my music with people.

how would you describe your music style?
D:  Pop/Acoustic/rock

do you have music idols? do you want to be like them?
D: There is nobody I wasn to be like musically, i feel i have a unique sound. But I love loads of artists and bands such as Ben Howard, Lewis Watson and The Dangerous Summer.

from where are you getting idea/inspiration for new songs?
 D: This is a hard one, my songs and ideas just sort of come to me when I am palying guitar. Very rarely do I sit down and write on a speicific subject intentionally.

your songs are for... exactly, for whom?
D: That would be telling!! But everyone will interperet my songs in their own way.

I listened to your songs and I think they're really cool and positive. are you going to write/record songs in such a style?
D: Yes I am keeping to this style, and thank you!

what would you say about your debut EP 'Days to come'*?
D: Its a 4 track EP with four catchy style songs. Track1,3 and 4 are a similair poppy style but I feel track 2 "Better Things" is more rocky/pop punk.

why is it worthwhile to listen to your music?
D: This is a hard one to answer, I feel my music can be enjoyed by most people. I have fans that listen to metal and hardcore for example.

when will it be possible to listen to your new songs?
D: I have a new single "Growing Apart," which will hopefully be released in the next week or so. Its going to have a music video too!

what with your next EP or album - are you planning recording something like that?
D: I am focussing on singles for the next year so haven't thought about another EP , but there will be plenty of new songs.

with whom would you like to cooperate in the future(if you had such a possibility)?
D: I'm not too sure, I am trying to focus on writing my own songs at the moment but in the future it would be great to collaborate with some femaile vocalists.

do you have some tour in your plans?
D: At the moment I am planning on getting my name out in Scotland then hopefully paly over the rest of the UK.

and what now? do you have some plans for the nearest future?
D: Right now I am preparing to release my new song "Growing Apart," and I am the starting the video to the single that will be released after that!

do you want to say something to your fans or people who just got to know you?
D: Yes! Thank you so much for the support and please share my music with your friends! I appreciate it :)

* you can listen to this album Days to come [EP] here: http://darrencampbell.bandcamp.com and here: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/days-to-come-ep/id560490154

interesting, isn't it?


as you see he's very talented singer and songwriter, who will give us a lot of wonderful songs - I'm sure of it. why? oh, please... cool songs, awesome music, amazing lyrics, great vocal - everything what you need to happiness. and that's why I think he still still surprise us: with new songs, with new dose of energy. personally, I can't wait to listen to his new sounds soon.

 I just fell in love with his music, to be honest :)


I want to thank Darren for his courtesies, so quickly reply on my questions and for his help with this post - what was really nice. and I want to wish Darren all the best - more successes, only great songs & albums and more cool fans, who will love his music. and just good and happy times in his life.
also I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him, his future and successes.






music


Don't Worry 



Runaway



Thinking


Summer Again


Find My Way


Foundations [Kate Nash cover]



you can find more songs here: http://soundcloud.com/darrencampbellmusic



 ↑ cover of Days to come [EP]



more info:
http://www.facebook.com/darrencampbellsmusic
http://darrencampbellblog.tumblr.com
http://soundcloud.com/darrencampbellmusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarrenCampbellmusic


music is my passion & inspiration
only music saves

No comments:

Post a Comment