March 9, 2012

The Darkness - artist of the day



Do you know The Darkness? I don't think so because they're not too famous. So today I would like to present to you The Darkness British glam rock band as an artist of the day.



The Darkness is a band from Lowestoft, Suffolk [UK], formed in 2000, but album Permission to Land from 2003 was a huge success. They recorded two studio albums: Permission to Land from 2003 and One Way Ticket to Hell... and Back from 2005, nine singles: Get Your Hands Off My Woman, Growing on Me, I Believe in a Thing Called Love, Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End) from 2003, Love Is Only a Feeling from 2004, One Way Ticket from 2005, Is It Just Me? and Girlfriend from 2006 and Nothing's Gonna Stop Us from 2012. The Darkness give us 10 music videos: Get Your Hands Off My Woman, Growing on Me, I Believe in a Thing Called Love, Friday Night, Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End) [2003], Love Is Only a Feeling [2004], One Way Ticket  [2005], Is It Just Me? and Girlfriend [2006] and Nothing's Gonna Stop Us [2012]. On 2002 they recorded one EP I Believe in a Thing Called Love, where we could find 3 songs: I Believe in a Thing Called Love, Love on the Rocks With No Ice and Love Is Only a Feeling.



They won many awards, f.e.: Kerrang! [best album, best live act, best british band], BRIT Award [best act, best rock act, best album], Metal Hammer 'Golden God' [best video], Elle Style Award [most stylish band], VH1 The 100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs, VH1 The 100 Greatest Songs of ‘00s, MTV Europe Music Award [best UK & Ireland act, best rock].



Members of  The Darkness: Justin Hawkins (lead vocals, guitar), Dan Hawkins (guitar, backing vocals), Frankie Poullain (bass, backing vocals), Ed Graham (drums).

I believe in a thing called love



Friday night


Growing on me


Get your hands off my woman


 Love is only a feeling


One way ticket


Is it just me?


Girlfriend


Nothing's gonna stop us






 
more info: http://www.theactualdarkness.com // https://www.facebook.com/thedarknessofficial // https://twitter.com/TheDarkness // http://www.myspace.com/thedarkness


***

music is my passion & inspiration
only music saves

No comments:

Post a Comment