September 16, 2013

Rod Stewart in Poland






And the next Legend came to Poland...

 September 14 - day when an amzaing Rod Stewart came again to Poland. And this time Rybnik, small city in the South of country, was that lucky place where he sang for his fans.

He went on stage a few second after 8PM and then a magic began. Why? Because of Rod. Because of his voice. Because of his band. Because of setlist.
Yes, everything was perfect but it was pity that the show ended so quickly because at 9:30PM. 21 songs in 1 hour and 30 minutes? Of course it possible when you love music and your fans, when you're professional, when you love what you're doing and when you have just a great time on the stage.

Songs were from his last album "Time" but also from his previous albums - old, good melodies. I think that everyone who was there, was happy because of setlist.

A nice surprise was Rod's daughter, Ruby, on the stage when she sang song "Just one more day". The next surprise was song "Soul Girl" (cover of "Soul Man" by Sam & Dave) sung by Rod's wonderful choir singers.
Song "Can't stop me now" is so good, but it's better, much better, when you listen to it and see pics of Rod and his father - amaizng moment. Pure magic.

In my opinion Rod is still so damn good, as a few years ago, and I think the same will be in the future in a few years. I was and still I'm impressed of everything - Rod, setlist, whole concert.
Yes, evening was epic. And I hope that soon he'll come back to Poland and I'll be able to be at his concert again - this is my wish.


setlist

This Old Heart Of Mine (Isley Brothers cover)
Having a Party
(Sam Cooke cover)
Tonight's the Night
Sweet Little Rock & Roller
(Chuck Berry cover)
Some Guys Have All The Luck
(The Persuaders cover)
Rhythm of My Heart
Baby Jane
Just One More Day
(by Ruby Stewart)
Forever Young
The First Cut Is The Deepest
(Cat Stevens cover)
I Don't Want to Talk About It
(Crazy Horse cover)
Have I Told Lately
(Van Morrison cover)
Can't Stop Me Now
She Makes Me Happy
You're in My Heart
Soul Girl
(Sam & Dave cover)
Maggie May
Hot Legs
Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?


encore:

Sailing (Sutherland Brothers cover)

I think I would talk about this show longer and I would bore you with it so I think that a better idea will be to show you a bit from that wonderful evening. Enjoy.

***




































































*

 


**


*


*


*


*


*


*


*


*


*


*


*


**



***

music is my passion & inspiration
only music saves

1 comment:

  1. Great post and pictures, glad you enjoyed the show!

    Tutaj mozna obejzec ,,I Don't Want To Talk About It'' razem z tekstem po Polsku:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUPZFiZc1uI

    ReplyDelete